Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Gather

Corona de Tucson 

April 12, 2022

Gather is such a useful word.  We gather information, flowers, ingredients for a recipe...the list is endless.   But the best gathering is with friends and family.    

The first part of the week we had lunch in Green Valley at a favorite Mexican restaurant with Randy and Terri.  And, later in the week the four of us spent a morning perusing a unique and fun vintage marker.    

Gather A Vintage Market is on St Mary's Road in downtown Tucson near Fourth Avenue.  It is only open four days a month.  It is not a consignment shop as the owners buy just about anything vintage/antique and then sell it in one of their several shops.  It's like a little alley of things from days gone by and a walk down memory lane in the middle of downtown Tucson.  I didn't find the night stands I was looking for to use in the guest room, but there was plenty there to catch my eye and it's all very reasonably priced.





Each shop had a theme...baskets, knick-knacks, furniture and accessories, clothes and anything outdoors including doors, windows and shutters.  







Sunday, Randy and Terri hosted lunch at their home.  Stacie, Kevin and their two teenage sons along with Mike (Randy's son) and his wife Cynthia and us all gathered for a wonderful afternoon full of laughter, conversations, and yummy food.  My favorite was Stacie's fruit pizza for desert.  

The rest of the week, Joe and I found ourselves taking our daily walks and puttering around the house.  Thanks to the warmer temps,  we are walking earlier and earlier these days.  





Walking 3 miles at a fast clip for exercise is not always something we look forward to doing, but something we are always glad we complete.  And the earlier in the day it's done, the happier we are.  


  















Saturday, as I was photographing the Great Horned Owl,





Joe was busy transforming Pearl.  Pearl now sports her patriotic summer doors (and new shoes...size 37).  Actually in Tucson, they are more like spring and fall doors...not so good for summers here.  We don't go topless so this is the next best thing and makes for a fun outing...especially those desert drives.




















Saguaro NP East is one of my favorite desert drives.






















Back at the oasis, it has been windy,  the birds have been thirsty, the peanut butter bites quickly disappear from the feeder and we keep a watchful eye out for Jack.

 

































Check out that beak...












and check out those legs.

















It was another fun week !  Happy Easter.


And, 






































HAPPY TRAILS!

10 comments:

  1. Seems you had a wonderful fun week filled with friends, adventures and food. We've had a chocolate pizza dessert before, but I like the idea of the fruit pizza.
    Pearl sure looks great in her new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff! Chocolate pizza desert sounds yummy! If I get the recipe for the fruit pizza, I will send it to you!

      Delete
  2. So much to love about this post! The owl, the quail, the flicker, the hawk (although I do not know what kind it is), the jeep and the antique store. Barb and I love to go antiquing, especially in smaller towns. Love the jeep door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim and Barb! Small town antique/vintage stores are the best. I can always see something that reminds me of my grandma. As far as big towns go, this shop has lots to offer. Wish I was in the market for doors or shutters…they had some beautiful old wooden doors.

      Delete
  3. I too love the word "gather!" That market sounds incredible--I got excited as Louanne and I are in Tucson for a couple nights, shopping and dining, staying not far from 4th Avenue--then I read, "only open four days a month!" Pearl looks great! Are you guys going to Moab this spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janna…we love the summer doors too! No trip to Moab this spring. In fact, we have cancelled the few short trips we had planned. Hoping that things settle down and we can take a few trips this fall. We will have to plan a visit to Gather when you return next winter. Enjoy your mini vacation and girlie time!

      Delete
  4. Oh, those saguaro plates!! I need those!! Looks like a great shop with a very perfect name. Pearl looks great with her new fancy doors and huge shoes. Love that crested saguaro!! Yes, it will be much warmer soon. Early morning exercise is the summer way. I'm thrilled we discovered our ebikes. Sure makes hot weather exercise much cooler with a breeze. Gee, all of my blogs this week skipped my favorite part...the dogs!! No Lewis, Dakota, Zoey, or Tan Clan:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I thought about you when I saw those beautiful saguaro dishes. I love early mornings…especially in the summer here. It does warm up fast. That’s so sweet to mention the pups.

      Delete
  5. Oooooh! I need to find that little alley of goodies when we get back! Pearl is looking very spiffy - those are some sweet new shoes. Your hawk is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodee! The vintage market is well worth a stop and close to Fourth Avenue and some really good places to eat! The hawk flew by and landed in the tree next to our yard…it was quite the surprise!

      Delete