Friday, May 22, 2015

Slick Rock Country!

Portal RV Resort
Moab, UT
May 20, 2015

Oh, how I love travel days. Whether going to new places or familiar places, the excitement builds! This past Wednesday was a perfect day for good-times-rollin as it was a bit overcast, no winds to deal with and the scenes along the way were spectacular. Yes, we have traveled this route for two years in a row, but somehow it just didn't look the same. I love to take pictures as we are rollin down the road. Joe always comments how nice it is to see where we have been as he does a great job of keeping his eyes on the road. It's a good thing I don't drive! 





I love this stretch of road through Monument Valley.
We are a couple weeks later than last year...all the wildflowers are gone! Sorry Carol....













HAPPY TRAILS!

 We are all settled in at Portal RV Resort. We are happy! The Tan Clan is happy to have a nice green grassy doggie park to play in. The weather is perfect! And Pearl has already had a taste of some good ole Moab slick rock and a chance to play in the dirt! 


Up next...Poison Spider!

15 comments:

  1. Love those perfect kind of travel days through some of the prettiest country ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too Sandie. We landed in the west 4 years ago and neither one of us wants to leave!

      Delete
  2. So much around you to see, do and enjoy. You're certainly in a gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about that Moab area south and west through Zion, and northern Arizona and parts of N.M and Colorado too....I know I will enjoy Alaska and the trip up and back, but I can't wait until we get back to that area of the South-West again. I sure enjoy all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave and I will certainly be looking for pictures of Alaska and hearing all about your adventures there!

      Delete
  4. Love those places...Moab and Portal!! We've already got our month reservation for the month of April of 2016!! Love those photos and I recognize many of them!! Awesome header. Can't wait to hear about and see the photos of the Poison Spider:) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too Pam! April next year...hmmm, we will know more about how to make plans after Joe has his PET in July. Good to know you will be here!

      Delete
  5. We love travel days too, hope to get to the Moab area someday soon too, aesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Moab - I'll be "passing through" on my way to volunteer in Oregon this summer. Thanks for sharing the photos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to go to Oregon...especially the coast. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  7. Wooooo hooooo! Looking forward to your adventures on the slick rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it seems that time has flown; your AZ adventures have come and gone. Enjoy your time back in Moab!! Great shots rolling!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joe how are you and Gay.. We met in Camp Verde, I have the Sand color jeep. Sherry & I are looking into full time rving. I would like to talk to you, so if you get a chance can you e-mail me.. I sent you an e-mail but it came back as a bad address Thank you..
    Dennis & Sherry Hulbert
    dbcoach2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete